Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Macro Monday! On a Tuesday...

So... Once again, I totally skipped my post for Macro Monday, and seeing as how I am currently avoiding all the things I need to be doing... 

Happy Macro Monday!
(On a Tuesday)

I do all my photography with my iPhone right now, it's simpler and convenient and I don't have to worry about my 4 year old trying to break a $2000 piece of equipment...

Plus, I have really enjoyed the way my images have turned out.

There's just so much freedom in taking a shot and editing it right there on my phone, and oh, how convenient, I can easily post it on all my sites for the world to instantly see!

I had begun to feel like my DSLR was hindering any growth in my art simply because I was easily discouraged over learning new techniques, remembering combinations in photoshop... etc. I constantly felt like my photography was sub-par and the somehow made me less of a photographer.

But, this exercise in iPhone photography has been more than rewarding. I am reminding myself every day that art doesn't come from the camera or the equipment used, it comes from the artist. These are my works of art, they'r my vision, and it doesn't matter if they're 'good' or 'bad', what matters is that they exist and that I am satisfied with the feeling that I have created something from my heart that others just happen to enjoy.





How's that for an Artist's Statement?

I haven't decided yet if the iPhone is a permanent change, if I'll continue to upgrade and strictly use iPhone as my medium, but I know is it is a step in the right direction and it's what's best for my work for now.

I wasn't planning on photographing the Super Moon the other night, but then I stood there staring up at it and decided to have a little fun, and this is the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment