Monday, August 15, 2016

Dark Matter

I have absolutely no idea why I can't get an image to download
so forgive me for not having a book cover inserted here...

3.5 Stars

Well, I'll just jump right to it because it's rare I find a book I don't enjoy reading. The story has been done. One day you're living your normal, basic life, wondering what could have been, and suddenly, your whole world's turned upside down and, oh no!, you miss the life you had. 

The grass is always greener right? Be grateful for what you have and all that jazz... It's been done.

Which isn't such a bad thing, it's always great to be reminded and there was a semi-interesting reason behind the occurrences and the attack of the genius main character.

The real problem I had was with the first person point of view.

Every thought was a statement.

Every statement was its own paragraph.

One line.

One thought.

After awhile it starts to become a monotone drone in your head.

And that voice lacked emotion and any real tie to the world around him.

Pretty annoying, right?

I wish I could say that was all that irked me, but his actions throughout the book... For a genius he's not very smart. Everything he did I just wanted to smack my forehead and ask, why? You couldn't come up with a better plan?

In actuality, his actions were probably a normal reaction to the situation, but I still couldn't help think, that was the dumbest thing he could have done. 

This book was given to me for review by Blogging for Books. I wish I had better news, but it's an alright read.

No comments:

Post a Comment