Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Night of the Living Trekkies


5 FREAKING STARS

OMG if anyone knows me, they know I'm a huge Star Trek fan. I love the show, love reading the novels and getting deeper into the Rodenberry universe. I love learning about the show, the characters, behind the scenes, the history behind the alien cultures depicted... I've even taken classes at the STARFLEET Academy to learn more.

Yep, I am Commander Angela Spugnardi (OMG she has a pen name!) in the STARFLEET Fan Organization, I run the college of Genealogy and assist with the college of Communications and just received my Boothby Award for completing over two hundred academy courses.

Still not impressed by my nerd credentials? That's ok, I don't need your adoration (LOVE ME!), I have my love and devotion forever tattooed on my arm.

(In Loving Memory of the Amazing DeForest Kelley)

And yes, that is a tribble I am holding for my newest cosplay Crazy Tribble Lady.


 I have an entire tribble suit in the works...

Me and author friend Lannie Sheridan at NerdFest. The old lady but is adorable, inspired by those quite real and painful injuries. (The big ones name is Worf)


So when I say, as a living, breathing Trekkie, that Night of the Living Trekkies was fanastic, you know I'm telling my honest opinion.

If someone screwed up my Star Trek with horrible books (Shatner) I'd be more than ready to spread my outrage all over social media. (Shatner shat on Star Trek)

Night if the Living Trekkies has so much to like for Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans alike. Let's all get along folks 😉 There are so many references to both franchises that I couldn't help but squeal with delight all the way through. You don't have to be an all out Trek nerd to enjoy this book, yes there are deeper and more nerdy jokes than some may understand if they're not as crazy Trekkie like me, but there is so much to like about this book and so much to still enjoy. And if you don't understand those nerdy references I'm talking about-Go watch more Star Trek! 😉

The chapters are cleverly named after Trek episodes and the curse of the red shirt prevails as the Trekkies test their warrior skills with very real replicated weapons on hordes of Trekkie zombies.

The book is so clever and original in a time inundated with zombie stories. It's a mix of a Star Trek episode with a Resident Evil, super beings twist, only you can actually believe there's a chance of surviving this scenario. 

I think I'm going to have to start looking into Quirk Books because this is exactly the kind of read I've been looking for!


No comments:

Post a Comment