Thursday, October 8, 2015

J


2 Stars

Well, it's a book. Just not a very good one.

I thought, when I saw reviews calling J the next 1984 I thought I would be reading an inspire, eye opening saga of life and its purpose in this world and instead I got a jumbled, confusing tale of a guy with OCD tendencies and a girl he thinks he loves...

Let me get straight to why I didn't like this book. I spent more time trying to figure out who's talking and who's thoughts are being exposed that I didn't have room to fully piece together the story line. Conversations quickly switch from actually being spoken to being remembered as a now past conversation with no breaks between he said/she said. A full paragraph will be filled with a back and forth banter and by the time I reached the end I had no idea who said what and I didn't care enough to go back and figure it out.

There were times I was halfway through a chapter and realized I was reading about someone other than the main character and had no idea. 

Everything is disjointed, I couldn't make sense of it, nor do I plan to try. The story has large gaps of dull, boring information, it picks up a bit at times, but overall I care nothing for the characters or their world and world views.

I was given this book for review by Blogging for Books. Let's hope the next one is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment