Monday, December 30, 2013

The Silver Strand

I finally received the book I have been waiting for! L.J. Clarkson sent me a copy of her book all the way from Australia just in time for Christmas. I mean literally, I received it on the 21st, she really tapped into her mastermind on that one. I started reading as soon as we arrived at my aunts for Christmas and didn’t put it down until I finished the book on Christmas Day.

Isabelle has five days to unlock the mysteries of her sick silver strand before its failing magic drains her of life. After wishing away her silver strand at the end of an embarrassingly strange school day Isabelle learns of her magic and the world she could have been a part of had she not unknowingly wished her magic away.

Three tests bar her path into mastermind academy where she will learn to use magic… if she can get it back. Dragons, shape shifters, scheming council members, death seems to await her around every corner and with every passing minute.

The Silver Strand enters a world of lost races and magic of the mind. The voice is perfect for the age group the book is targeted towards and makes for a quick while creatively entertaining read for adults. I recommend this book as a swift, in between read for my adult friends out there that enjoy young adult novels as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment